Wednesday 7 September 2011

HookWinked (the series of events)



I woke up to a funny feeling, the Bed was so warm, my head was foggy, like I had cobwebs in my head, I sat up and shook my head trying to get my bearings right, slowly the Events of the night before  came to me and I smiled. I must have had too much Andre and Vodka cause I started feeling the beginnings of a headache, I lay back on the bed and felt that warm liquid again, shit I thought,  I must have peed myself. I turned to roll on the bed when I felt a mess around me, it then registered that I wasn't alone, I concentrated my thoughts and I remembered the beautiful maiden that was coming on to me so strong at rehab yesterday. I couldn't remember what happened cos of the drinks, but I suspected we came back to the hotel together, instantly I got a hard-on, feeling horny I started touching her boobs but I got no response, I rubbed my hands down her thighs, Still I got no response, I switched on the light to see what was wrong,That was when I let out a loud scream.

    My High pitched scream brought banging on my door, I was amiss as to what to do, right there in front of me, her eyes were open but were devoid of life, then I noticed the slit on her throat, including the blood congealing on the bed, that made me scream again, which made the door to the hotel room get bust open and the security men came rushing in. The moment they saw the body I knew I was in trouble. The police were called and i was taken away. I was at PANTI (baddest Sona-like prison in Naija) for a while, that I knew the full details of what I had gotten into. It seems the Lady found dead in my hotel room was the daughter of a prominent Senator who has been missing for a week, her whereabouts not known and no ransom calls made. I cupped my hands on my head, I didn't know what to do, I had no memory of the events of the night or what happened while I was asleep. Then interrogations began over night and what I went through, I can't even begin to describe to you. Suffice to say I went to Hell and back. It took a week before my family even knew what i was into. There was nothing they could do to help me, I had no idea of what happened to me, no memories and no explanation of how that Lady got into my bed or how she ended up dead. It appeared an open and shut case, I was arraigned to go to court a week from after, my Lawyer's advised was to plead guilty due to Psychiatric Psychological problems. The necessary documents were prepared to back up our claims. On the day I was to appear in Court, I was summoned to the investigation room, on getting there I was told I got a letter. I opened it, the headings threw me in shock. There were just two sentences. I told you I was going to get you back. How do you like your new accommodation. Right there I took a trip down memory lane. The last time I heard those words was when I walked Hamzat out of my life. She was a two timing bitch and nagged like heck, I got fed up and decided to call it quits. but could she be behind this? I thought it could be a coincidence or someone was playing pranks on me...
 
  We got to the Court and my case was called and my lawyer pleaded temporary insanity, I just zoned out and closed my eyes. Suddenly I had goosebumps, I opened my eyes and what I saw shook me to my bone marrow, there was Hamzat walking into the court room, but that was not enough reason for me to be distraught except I saw the dead Lady,who had been in my Bed walking behind her and smiling at me. I screamed and starting pointing to where they sat and shouted Ghost,Ghost, the whole courtroom went into turmoil, People looked at where I was pointing and shook their heads, I heard people whispering. What a waste, so he is actually crazy, this one is going to Yaba left oo. They both sat there smiling at me. I tried calling my lawyer's and the judge's attention but none answered me, then I jumped off the docket and ran towards where they sat and peered deep into their face. She laughed and said, "Got ya" The security whisked me back to my dock and restrained me. Then the judge passed her sentence, I was to be remanded to a mental institution for life with no hope of release or ever getting a shot at freedom. At 29, my whole life just ended, I turned to where Hamzat and the girl with no name sat, and saw them walking off to the judge and saying Thank u Mommy,you are simply the BEST......she laughed an said,' that will teach him not to mess with the El rufais," they turned to the other girl and said, nice work Zainab. That's when it clicked, the girl with no name, the girl who was supposedly dead in my room was Hamzat's cousin Zainab who I had heard was an actress in the UK but had no luxury of meeting. I started to call the attention of my Lawyer to these details, my heart broke when I saw him walk towards the circle and plant a deep kiss on Zainab's lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment