Saturday 10 December 2011

The Vanishing

                      
The steady vanishing has been increasing, no one knows why, no one had any reason to be suspicious, majority thought it was just a case of people refusing to turn up for work, or maybe the young ones got it into their head to try a case of the modern Indian stories and eloped with their loved ones




  Here I was at work, waiting for the clock to chime 5pm, waiting for everyone to be done with work so we can all go to our respective homes, I stood up to go into the john, relieved myself and the lights flickered, I took a deep breath and opened the door to the office, and there was no one, coffees were left on the table, computers were still running but there was not a soul in the whole Microsoft officers i felt something, i started getting nervous, i looked around me and there was nothing, the lights flickered off again and i heard a deep scream.

     
                  That sounded like the voice of my boss so I ran into Mr Kingston's office where he always sat minding our business and there was no one there. His computer was on, there was a red light beeping on the phone, there was an active call on hold but all i could hear was static from the other side. Thinking this was an episode of prank, i started laughing and walked towards the lobby, then i realized the security guards were gone too but their clothes were lying idle on the chair. I walked outside the building, saw different cars on head on collision but the drivers and the passengers were not in them, no sign of a struggle just empty clothes with no sign of matter in them, the sun started going down,and i heard a deep scream, ran towards the sound i heard , getting there i saw a kid, he couldn't have been more than 10 years old, eyes filled with terror. I stumbled back as i saw the shadows close in on him, all the light surrounding him going out and just like that he was gone, i screamed but there was no one to hear me, i brought out the flash light on my phone and used it to illuminate myself, just then the battery went off, i saw a car parked nearby, there was someone in it I begged him to let me come in and share part of his car lights but he just kept staring at me, then and there i decided to take to my heels and then i felt it closing in on me, i kept running but there was nothing i could do, the space grew smaller and then i watched myself get sucked inside, first my legs, my waist and that was the end of me....
   





              
                        My name is Johnny and today is i got engaged.I woke in bed to a note from my fiancee. Aby telling me  not to stay up for her,that she was going to be late coming in, i smiled a happy man because she just made me happy, the best that ever happen d to me. It was some minutes to 6 and i decided to take a walk down the street, i went out of the hotel and realized it was too quiet, got to the reception and  the receptionist was gone, i took a look in the lobby there was no one there but everything was normal, the computers were running, the elevators were working, there just seemed to be a decrease in the population, i turned and saw a little girl staring at me, i was relieved to see someone so i took a step towards her but she screamed and took to her heels, I ran after her watching her turn the corner and then she was gone, I took a look at my wristwatch and to my alarm it was 12pm and yet it was pitch black, how time sped so fast i didn't know but i was so sure some minutes ago it was 6.35 in the evening, all of a sudden i started hearing screams here and there and i remembered i was supposed to meet up with Aby at the florist so I took the nearest car i could find driving like a possessed man to the florist. Getting there i saw Aby trying to run out of the door but something was drawing her back, I came down and she saw me, MY BABY SHE SCREAMED AND I RAN Towards HER TO HELP,THEN THE LIGHTS flickered again, going off and my Aby was gone, lost in the shadows, all that was left were her shoes, clothes and bag, i didn't know if it was my imagination but then it came straight at me,the shadow, encompassing everything around, hurtling straight for me as I ran back inside the car, locked up the doors and turned up the lights, the shadows covered everywhere except the lightened part of the car, then it started moving back as I heard a knock at the car window, there was this distraught man, asking me to let him come in, i refused and he started to run away, i watched him run for a bit and then poof the shadows went at him and poof he vanished into thin air.
      
i was distraught, scared, hearing screams, and right then the street bust into life and different people started running into the streets and kept on vanishing into thin air I started the car and drove towards the outskirts of town, it was then that i passed the Airline Cinema, the lights were on so i left the car and ran in. There was a cinema on, the flicks were rolling but it looked like everyone left abruptly, wasn't a firm believer in God but then i was forced to think this is beyond the supernatural, beyond what I believed in, i started to question myself and wondered why i never believed in God, if it wasn't too late, if he could still somehow get me out of this. Then i walked outside and saw the church lights were on and i ran there, I got in there and couldn't even resist laughing it had been here and it had taken so many people, i went hysterical, even the priest was gone from the altar, the only signs that he was there was the bible and his cape left on the floor, I guess it is true when they say it is only God that knows those that really worship him in spirit and in truth,  started to go out, when i heard the scratching nose and all the windows of the church blew out, then i saw it, i thought light was stronger than darkness but the darkness took out every light in the church, then it came straight for me, it stopped and laugh then came at me, conjuring a scythe flaming at both ends he motioned for me to stretch forth my hand, I did and then he struck and i felt a pain much bigger, stronger and deeper than anything i had ever felt before so i screamed.

    My screams brought my fines to my room, she asked what was wrong with me, i opened my eyes and blinked, it was sunny outside, i was relieved she was here in with me, the street were filled with people running about their daily businesses what a bad dream i just had, i took her into my arms and hugged her, it was then that i saw the imprint left on the hand i had stretched forth, the hand that took the blow from the scythe, In tiny letters, three words and numbers stared at me.                                           

              PRINCE OF. DARKNESS
                        6 6 6

No comments:

Post a Comment